Ambassadors of Hope
The Ambassadors of Hope program was founded in 2003 by dedicated parishioners from St. Thomas More Church in Englewood, Colorado, led by Joanne Horne. The parishioners realized how much volunteers could give to the Catholic elementary schools in the inner city of Denver, and they felt called to do something. They saw the struggles that the schools faced with low budgets and the need for an extra set of hands in the classroom.
Through the Ambassadors of Hope program, volunteers serve as ambassadors to mentor and tutor students, to assist teachers with classroom duties, and to help wherever needed.
The Ambassadors of Hope program is a great way to give back to the community; Ambassadors are invaluable to the success of Catholic schools. Whether you can give one to two hours a month or are available to volunteer daily, our schools would love to have you!
No training is necessary; we have volunteers of all education experience. Volunteers simply need to do the following:
1) Please begin the online application process. Go to http://aoh.serve.ccdenver.org to create and complete your profile.
2) Complete a background check (click here)
3) Complete Safe Environment Training Called to Protect (click here for upcoming classes). Please keep a copy of the certification for your records.
4) Send an email to email@example.com indicating your interests.
5) After receiving your application, background check, and Called to Protect certification, we will work with you and the school or schools you indicated in your profile and find a great match!
Yes. If you feel more comfortable volunteering in a role where children are not involved, please speak directly with the principal of the school where you are volunteering, and he/she will help you find a position with good fit for you.
Whether you are able to volunteer one to two hours a month or every day, the schedule is flexible and can be discussed with the principal at the school where you volunteer.
There is a section on the volunteer application where you can list the schools where you are interested in volunteering. At certain times of the year, there are different needs at different schools, and we will work to get you at a school where you are most needed. There is always a high priority at schools in northern Denver.
You do not need to be Catholic to become an Ambassador of Hope. No matter your religious affiliation, we can use your help in our schools.
- Annunciation School, 3536 Lafayette St., Denver, CO 80205
- Assumption School, 2341 East 78th Ave., Denver, CO 80229
- Guardian Angels School, 1843 West 52nd Ave., Denver, CO 80221
- St. Bernadette School, 1100 Upham Street, Lakewood, CO 80214
- St. Catherine of Siena School, 4200 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80211
- St. Francis de Sales School, 235 S. Sherman St., Denver, CO 80209
- St. Rose of Lima School, 1345 W. Dakota Ave., Denver, CO 80223
- St. Therese School, 1200 Kenton St., Aurora, CO 80010
- Sts. Peter and Paul School, 3920 Pierce St., Wheat Ridge, CO 80033