Current Opportunities (Updated 12/21/2017):
Database and Development Assistant Job Description
SUMMARY: As a full-time member of the Seeds of Hope team, the Database and Development Assistant will provide exceptional customer service to our schools and families by helping to manage our new financial aid database. This position will also assist with Seeds of Hope accounting, administrative and fundraising tasks to advance our mission of making a transformative Catholic education attainable for families. This position requires a self-motivated individual who can work independently with minimal direction but seeks assistance when needed from supervisor or others.
REPORTING AND WORK CONTACTS: The Database and Development Assistant reports to the Director of Allocations and Partnerships and also interfaces regularly with the Executive Director and Controller as well as Principals and Business Managers at our schools.
- Assist with daily financial aid database management, including monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Serve as point of contact for school administrators on troubleshooting database management.
- Communicates regularly with school administrators on processes, quality control, data integrity and online integration.
- Escalate problems as appropriate to management.
- Performs auditing activities to ensure accuracy of data; assist school administrators to resolve data conflicts.
- Assist with written database documentation, including “lessons learned” information.
- Keep management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Assist with scholarship assignment process, application and documentation review.
- Assist with communications and mail-merge jobs mainly related to the Adopt-a-Student program.
- Assist with producing and tracking donor thank you/acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with updating Seeds of Hope website.
- Assist with logistics of Seeds of Hope fundraising events such as Evening of Hope and Golf for Hope.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary to advance the mission of Seeds of Hope.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in an office environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Office suite; proficiency with Excel required.
- High school diploma required.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043).
- Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- A passion for Catholic education.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage open, cordial work relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle several projects at once and successfully meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and foster open communication.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Desire to continually learn and share best practices.
While performing the duties of this job, the Database and Development Assistant is frequently required to communicate via talking, hearing and reading; to use hands and fingers to operate a computer and handle office equipment. The Database and Development Assistant is occasionally required to stand and walk and to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
$40,000 per year with benefits including health and dental insurance, paid time off and a generous schedule of observed holidays and holy days.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Gina Wilson, Director of Allocations and Partnerships
Seeds of Hope
Mailing address: 1300 S. Steele Street, STE 342, Denver, CO 80210
No phone calls, please